35% of today’s workforce are already pursuing freelance careers, and because of platforms like Beauty Finder there are more opportunities for beauty freelancers than ever.
If I told you that there was a way you could have more control over your life, your work, and your money- wouldn’t you want to know what it is? Life as a beauty freelancer is just that, and the most important part is that anybody can make these changes in life (yes, I hear you ask- even you).
It wasn’t so long ago that we considered the freelance community a minority, but the days of clocking hours at a desk job and putting on your ‘productive’ face for the rest of the office are pretty quickly becoming a thing of the past.
It’s a scary idea at first, abandoning security and a stable paycheck to pursue something that might work out. But here’s the thing: with the right planning, ambition, and motivation, growing a business as a beauty freelancer is not as risky as you might first think (that’s a story for another post).
For now, let’s look at why almost 35% of today’s workforce have already shifted to the freelance life- and more importantly, what you could gain from making the shift, too.
- You’ll spend your time more meaningfully
It’s not uncommon for people working ‘office’ jobs find themselves spending useless hours in meetings, being ‘faux-productive’, hashing out information that could have been relayed in a short email. The nature of any office job is about clocking in at one time and out at another, which can often cause motivation and productivity levels to drop.
Taking the plunge into life as a beauty freelancer will make you notice, really notice where your time is being spent. When you are in control of planning your own schedule and working hours, every minute seems to somehow increase in value. It’s a motivator to work more efficiently, instead of working longer. As a freelancer, your time is really your time.
- You will have more control of your day-to-day life
The knock-on benefit of freelance work is that you’re in full control of your daily schedule. Freelance work is generally results-based, as opposed to clocking hours at a certain time- which means you can choose when you work, and when you’re off.
It’s the basics that have the biggest impact here: suddenly having the time in the morning to go to the market and pick up fresh fruit and veggies for the day, being in the right headspace to then stick to the exercise plan you’ve been eyeing up; maybe for some it means spending more time with your kids.
- You’ll value your work (and your earnings) more
As a freelancer, you’ll have to hunt down your work. Therefore, each task you have will represent a direct reward- financially, yes, but also a sense of pride and achievement. Instead of being doled out work from the top office down, you’ll be totally in charge of your work ethic and the money that will follow, which is a massive motivator in itself.
How Beauty Finder can Help Beauty Freelancers
Maybe one of the most daunting things about the freelance life is feeling like you’ll be on your own without a safety net. Thankfully this doesn’t need to be an insecurity for beauty freelancers, because Beauty Finder has been developed in answer to just these issues.
Here’s what you need to know about how Beauty Finder can support beauty freelancers:
- Exposure: By simply setting up a profile on our platform, you’ll automatically have access to our rapidly growing client base. The ‘hunt’ for jobs becomes miles easier.
- Simple booking process: Clients who have already identified a need for the service that you provide will be able to find, contact, and hire you with ease.
- No cash handling: Your payments will be handled through the ‘Stripe’ payments handling merchant, which is extremely secure. Payments will be released into your Stripe account and can then be transferred directly to your bank account.
- No need to create your own website: In today’s online world, exposure is what it’s all about. For a lot of freelancers, this means laboriously setting up their own website and carrying out their own digital marketing strategy to ensure they get seen. Luckily, any beauty freelancer registered on Beauty Finder will automatically avail of the exposure and promotions that we carry out- no need to make your own site.
Ready to prove yourself in the world of freelancing? Set up a profile with us today and take the first step into your new life.